The run is designed to create new, exciting and interesting material that is workshopped specifically for a month of featured performances.
Here are the feature:
- The Director’s Series is a month-long run of a 45-minute show directed by a performer and/or instructor with a clear vision. The director will be responsible for working directly with the show producer to secure a definitive show structure and time line for both the format and rehearsal schedule. They will also cast the show, run rehearsals, and assist in show promotion. The director must have a minimum requirement of six rehearsals leading up to their four-week run of performances.
- Requirements: the director of this project should be a senior performer with at least two years of performance experience beyond their education. If you have a show idea but are not experienced enough to direct a whole series, you are welcomed to meet with the producer and share your ideas. You will be supported in finding a director to help you put it all together so that your vision can come to life on stage.
- Rehearsal Space: Rehearsal space will be provided free of charge when Annex is not in use. Those paying for the rental of the Annex will supersede your placement on the schedule.
- Troupe Series is a month-long run of a 45-minute show that any existing team can submit for consideration. The team is required to have a minimum of six rehearsals with a coach leading up to their performance. This is an opportunity to experiment with your group and push yourselves through interesting new challenges. The group can choose to elaborate on the show format they work within currently or take this show run as an opportunity to explore something new.
- Requirements: The group must be committed to the rehearsal schedule and performance time. A coach must be onboard at the time that rehearsals are scheduled to take place. The team will work with their coach and producer of the show to establish their directive. The team must have at least 3 months experience working with one another.
- *You’re coach should be an experienced performer with a strong background in longform education, be able to challenge you and be present through your entire rehearsal process. You should be prepared to pay for your coach as well as for rehearsal space.