The Torch Theatre has added a show to our weekend line-up.
We are expanding performance opportunities to feature revolving performance runs. These runs are designed to create new, exciting and interesting material that is workshopped specifically for these featured performances.
Here are the new features:
- The Director’s Series is a four-week run of a 45-minute show directed by a performer, instructor with a clear vision. The director will be responsible for casting performers (however they choose to go about it, auditions or hand picking) as well as scheduling & running rehearsals. The director must have a minimum requirement of six rehearsals leading up to their four-week run of performances and a pick-up rehearsal is recommended.
- Requirements: the director of this project should be a senior performer with at least two years of performance experience beyond their education. Other interested directors will be considered based on clear idea and execution as well as experience level compared to the project difficulty. The idea must be completely thought out and organized in regards to preproduction.
- The Troupe Series is a four-week run of a 45-minute shows that any existing team could submit for consideration. The team is required to have a minimum of six rehearsals with a coach leading up to their four-week run of performances and a recommended pick-up rehearsal during. This is an opportunity to experiment with your group and push yourselves through interesting new challenges.
- Requirements: The group must have been together for roughly two years to apply. You must have a slight idea of what your goals are during the work shopping phase. A coach must be on board at the time of submission.* Other interested group will be considered based on experience level compared to project difficulty.
- *You’re coach should have a couple years of performance experience, a strong background in longform education, be able to challenge you and be present through your entire rehearsal process. You should be prepared to pay your coach.