We originally announced that we would be having auditions during the all-theatre meeting in January, so thank you for your patience. I’m happy to announce the auditions for two teams that The Torch is putting together. The first round of auditions will be on Saturday, March 23rd from 2:30pm to 5:30pm. Callbacks will be the following week on Saturday, March 23rd . To sign up, please visit this link and fill out your info: http://j.mp/taud032013
What we are auditioning for:
– At least one new Torch cultivated team (made up of 8 members) that will rehearse once a week with a Torch-provided coach and will perform two times per month (Trifecta and/or Revolver slots). We will make a 6 month commitment to this team and evaluate whether the team will continue, whether we will make changes to the team’s roster, or whether we will decide to let the team make the choice to continue on their own, independent of The Torch.
– At least one new Torch cultivated team (made up of 8 members) that will rehearse once a week with a Torch-provided coach and that will perform two times per month (Jump and/or Future slots). We will make a 6 month commitment to this team and evaluate whether the team will continue, whether we will make changes to the team’s roster, or whether we will decide to let the team make the choice to continue on their own, independent of The Torch.
Who is eligible to audition:
– Current Torch performers who are interested
– Torch training center graduates
– Torch students/alums who have completed at least Level 3 or equivalent
We’re looking for performers who:
– are lots of fun to play with and can perform great scenework
– can be supportive teammates, on stage & off
– work well with others and contribute to the overall chemistry & composition of a team
– First round: 2:30pm to 5:30pm on Saturday, March 23rd. Auditions will consist of a warmup, two-person scenes, and some group games.
– Callbacks: 2:30pm to 5:30pm on Saturday, March 30th. Callbacks will consist of groupings of 8 performing a Harold.
We’re excited to have our first ever auditions and we hope you will be too. Depending on how things go, we might do them again at some point or we may never do them again. These auditions will be more of an experiment than a perfect process to put together perfect teams.
Obviously, we want as many folks as possible to audition, whether you’ve just wrapped up Level 3 or you’ve been performing for 10 years. That said, for those who are in groups that already exist, submissions for your availability in the April/May schedule is open. You can submit your availability by the Wednesday, March 27th deadline through this form: http://j.mp/tsubaprmay2013
Have a good luck!
P.S. Quick reminder: Cerberus Cup, the three-person competition that pops up every 5th Friday & Saturday, has submissions open through March 16th. Qualifying Rounds: Friday, March 29th @ 830pm, 930pm, and 1030pm. Finals: Saturday, March 30th @ 7pm http://www.thetorchtheatre.com/cerberus/